Pages

28 February 2010

Home Again

While D and I were having lunch together Friday at the Bistro, I was eating my delicious salad when he reached over, grabbed a napkin and dabbed his eyes. He was tearing (funny side note: E said once that she was just 'sweating out her eyes.' hehehe). He said he was going to tell me something but he started tearing up before he started. Awwww. He said he dreamt early that morning that L, our youngest, was laying on him and hugging him. He went to hug her back and woke up, and of course no one was there. He was pretty upset about it.

He's such a social guy. He doesn't like to do things by himself. When we're not together, unless I'm at work, he likes to be on the phone talking with me, or other friends if I can't talk. He'll do anything if I do it with him! And, he loves his kids and loves to hug them and hold them and play with them. So, when he's alone at the hospital, he says night time is the hardest. Not only is he in a small bed by himself, but no one comes and jumps on him in his bed to give him a good morning hug :)

D came home from the hospital late Friday night. He could have stayed the night and gone home Saturday morning, but once he made the suggestion, I agreed he would sleep better once he returned home. Plus, the girls were already staying with his sister for the night. So, we came home and slept in until 10am. It was heaven!

Now he's resting and so are the children...and in a way, so am I :)
Have a nice week, everyone!

1 comment:

gramminona said...

We love your big teddy bear so and wish only the best for all of you. It is a wonderful blessing that you found each other and the wonderful miracles you have experienced together and allowed all of us to share with and through you.