Pages

24 February 2010

How to Take Care of a Cancer Patient

Welcome to the Huntsman Hotel.

That's the nickname patients and family have given this amazing place. It's a beautiful and modern facility; a place where Jon Huntsman, Sr, imagined would help the cancer patient and family forget they were in a hospital and would encourage the focus on healing. You can read more about him and his efforts here. A truly amazing man.

I dropped D off here today, on the Oncology Inpatient Unit. He'll be there, having a continuous infusion of chemotherapy with 3 different drugs until Saturday. I held myself together pretty well, but almost lost it when the clerk took us to the VIP suite. It's been two years since I've worked there, but we were met with hugs and well-wishes. I had to leave to go to work, but I know he's in good hands. I'm bringing the children up tomorrow after school so we can have family time. Thanks for all of the kind words, thoughts and prayers for our family. He and I will have dinner together today, at least :)

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer



4 comments:

Mama Bean said...

Rachel with this post I send tears, loves, hug, prayers, and a WHOLE lot of faith and hope!!!! If you need anything call. You critters can come play with my monkeys and we will have a zoo!

Miss M said...

Rachel. I don't even know what to say. He is in good hands. Not just there, but elsewhere. Much love and prayers.

Jenny said...

I send you hugs and kisses from far away. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family.

Lothiriel said...

Sending you bloggy hugs and real prayers!