Pages

14 February 2010

Valentine's Day

Yes, 5 years ago today, my then-boyfriend propsed his love for me and asked me to be by his side forever :) .... or something along those lines. Actually, when he finally pulled out the ring, I was so taken aback, not expecting it At All...I then had a momental flash of our evening but you'll want to read the rest of that story here because I don't want to type it all again. Besides, it's D's version of the story :) Fun stuff.

Anyhooo, I am in total agreement with how comerciallized this, and every other, holiday is becoming. Don't get me wrong, flowers are beautiful and I love having them around the house, but seriously? If all you bring home on V-Day is a vase of flowers -- or especially Roses!! Can we get anymore gineric? -- you WILL be in the doghouse. At least be freakin' original, okay?? Put some thought into it.

Don't get me wrong, I love D and he will do anything for me or anyone else that needs something. He has a huge heart...but, as with most men, can forget/procrastinate a bit... You know I love you, babe :) Plus, he hasn't been feeling well a lot lately. Sooooo, I thought I'd help him along. We don't go out much on "real" dates, so I figured this is a good excuse to get out. I wanted to make things managable for him so he doesn't stress out, and though flowers are well-intended, I'd rather he spend the money on something else (like really good chocolate, as opposed to Russel Stover).

So I made a list... went something like this:

Dear D: These are the chocolates I want in dark; go here to get them. I want to go see this movie at a matine (every little savings counts). I don't care where we go to eat; it'll just be nice to have more than 60 minutes together. You pick the movie time and eatery and arrange the babysitter, but don't give me the chocolates until Sunday morning. I bought little boxes of chocolates for the kids to put out for them at the breakfast table, so you can put mine there in the morning, too. Thanks, Babe! Love R~

I know he loves me. I don't need a holiday for him to express it. He does that every day. I'm lucky. I know what I have. Sometimes I take it for granted, okay a lot of times, but it's still fun to be reminded... :) xoxox

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Genius! I should have done that, then I wouldn't be chocolate-less on Valentine's Day...especially a Sabbath Day Vday...*sob*

Carolyn V. said...

DH asked me what I wanted for Val's Day. I told him Breakfast, lunch and dinner made. He also let me sleep in this morning. I love that man!

Great idea for the list. =) | hope you guys have a super Valentine's. =)