Pages

14 February 2008

If Love were Gumdrops...

...that's silly, because I don't even like gumdrops! :) BUT, if Love were Chocolate?? I'd have an even HARDER time loosing all this extra weight. :) Not that chocolate's ever stopped me before...Anyhoo, speaking of lovely things, D left for work early because a snow storm came in AGAIN last night and he wanted a head-start on the crappy roads. After breakfast, the girls and I kept busy downstairs with laundry and bills, then I decieded I'd better get out and shovel the 12 INCHES of snow out of my driveway and get the other car off the street before the plow comes by and burries it! Then, the power goes out. Fun stuff. So I'm carrying the shovel and bucket of salt through the house cuz the garage door doesn't open without electricty (can anyone say, Back-up battery???). I open the front door, step out into the briliant sunlight and...hu?? Where's all the snow? Someone had cleared our WHOLE driveway!! I stood there, in the driveway, shovel in one hand, salt bucket in the other...Well hello this is Daryl just interupting the nice story Rachel was telling and thought that since she went up stairs to finish putting the girls to bed i might try to add something that Rachel may not have said about today. Three years ago today was the Valentines Day that i asked Rachel to marry me. It is quite a story. It took me a long time to get her to not cancell our date that we had set. The reason she was cancelling was because she didn't want to leave Eliza home with Nannie because Eliza was sick. After convincing her that we could just stay home and watch movies or cable or whatever, she folded and let me come down to see her. I was trying to find the "right time" to ask her but it never seemed like the right time so when she told me it was time for me to go home i knew i was running out of time! We went upstairs and she gave me my coat, turned around to walk me to the door and i set my coat down on the couch. She, noticing this, turns back around before i could get down on one knee and gives me my coat back, and tells me it is time to go. This happened several times (it was quite humorous). Then i hurried and thew my coat on the couch and fell to one knee and asked her if she would marry me. Do you know what she said??? She said "SHUT UP!....You had the ring this whole time?"and then shove me backwards...I was speachless; i hadn't thought of that response, several others but that one never crossed my mind. I also wondered if I had wandered into an episode of Sienfield where Elain always tells Jerry to shut up and then pushes him when she is shocked but happy about something. Anyway it was a surprise to her because she saw me order the ring and be told that it would take awile to get back to us. What she didn't know is when she was far enough away I paid extra to get it sent to us next day air that way I could suprise her. Well she was suprised. I don't think that she has regretted saying yes to me that night and I know I haven't. We have had some arguments here and there but we have always worked them through and have loved every moment that we have been together....I stood there, in the driveway, shovel in one hand, salt bucket in the other in my.....Well, that interuption was a surprise. Now I don't know what to say. Maybe I should get to bed and finish the story tomorrow?? ;) Bye!!!!! xoxoxo

3 comments:

Terésa said...

SOO FUNNY!! I love Daryl’s little excerpt!!

Susie J. said...

Gosh, I love you guys. :) You're too funny. I've never heard that story before... but I can easily picture it.

TeresaL said...

So cute!