Pages

26 February 2008

Spring Forward...or around...or over there...

So, I called to vent to my mother this morning, telling her I feel like I'm going through a mid-life crisis! I'm sure you all understand my dramatic nature, and knowing that I'm not even 30 yet will make some of you chuckle, but I think I know to a small degree what it must feel like. I JUST NEED SOME SORT OF CHANGE!!

I'm not one for consistency. I LIKE to mix things up now and then (unless it comes to general physical health. That is a much needed-but not taken for granted-constancy!), and if it weren't for family needs, I would be okay with changing jobs every few years. The only thing is, I LOVE MY JOB. I really do. There is constant stimulation, no shift is ever the same, patients change. Maybe it's going to the same PLACE every time that is getting on me. Then there are some people (myself included) who would actually SEE where I work and would say, "You don't want to work HERE??" I know, it's a beautiful and warm and uplifting building and the people I work with have to be a group of the most competent nurses and case managers and social workers in the whole valley. I can't imagine myself anywhere else. Which was why I took the Nurse Supervisor job, but I must not do enough of that to offset my feelings of consistency.

Plus, there is so much that we need/would like to do to our house. The list is so daunting that I just want to move! The catch: In order to get the $$ out of this house, we'd have to do all that stuff anyway before we move. :) And I don't want to MOVE; I love this neighborhood and our ward and the kids' school and our friends...I just want a new house!! :) Every time we watch Extreme Home Makeover I just daydream about them showing up on our doorstep, but even with what we went through last year, there are so many more in such worse shape than we are. At least we are here, together, warm and generally healthy...but wouldn't it be fun!!

Anyway, Mom gave me some good ideas, and I think she's sooo right (of course!!)! The weather is starting to be sunny and warmer and I have never had Cabin Fever so bad, but it has just been such a long, cold winter!! So, since I can't move I'll rearrange! I'll work on the work situation later. :) But my house, I can do whatever I want to it. :) I want to paint the kitchen. Rearranging the toy room is a good idea. Doing something with our bedroom would be fun. I'll start with the girl's bedroom...today...after L wakes up from her nap...and after I take a nap...Okay, it's a good plan for tomorrow. I'll even draw up plans for the yard. I've wanted to do a new flower box, maybe even make the back patio bigger...all sorts of fun stuff!! Thanks, Mom!!

2 comments:

gramminona said...

Yes, Mom's are GREAT!!!
I know how you feel and most of it is just the lllonnnggggg winter we have had this year. January is horrible and this year February has been just as bad. But dreams and drawing up plans and writing down ideas help some. As for work, find a differnt route to notice and see differnt things, allow yourself enough time of course. Take the stairs and stop off on different floors...walk around....meet some one new...then go to your floor. Rearrange at work too.. you can do it! Look at what you have done already and you have proof positive. It is time for your Spring again! Love you guys.

Miss M said...

You can always join the military. You'll be moved around every 3 to 4 years. ha hah a.. Just kidding. G.I Rachel isn't a good plan. You're mom has some great ideas. You could always build a boat in your garage. *grin*
Love
M