Pages

02 March 2008

Oh Spring, Why Tormentist Thou Me?

How about THIS for funny: yesterday's temperature high was 61, and yesterday's snow accumulation...2 inches!! Does anyone else think that is funny? I laughed while we were watching the news last night, but yesterday afternoon it wasn't so funny walking out of the Cottonwood Heights Rec. Center after a work swim party, in our swimsuits (cuz I figured we'd shower at home) and it's 20 degrees colder and slush-raining. Fun times! You know what they say: Don't like the weather? Wait around 5 minutes. I don't know who actually said that, but people said it alot in Switzerland, too. Hmmm, dunno.

Anyhoo, we had fun at a swim party with people from the hospital. We even saw our neighbors there! Fun stuff and LOTS of food. :) Daryl was just glad to be able to get in the water; this was his first time swimming in over a year. Lydia was tentative at first, but she got over it and LOVED the baby water slide. I even took her down the big yellow slide and she wanted to go again, and again, and again...I didn't want to risk the camera to get a picture of that. Sorry!...but I was tempted. These pictures were taken across the room with a great zoom.


Jordan is half out of the water next to Lydia and Eliza is in the red suit with flowers. I would have taken more pictures but our friends were adverse to being photographed in their swimsuits...huh. Oh, well. We did have fun, and did I mention all the food? I must be hungry. After a fun day at the pool, we are looking forward to warmer weather. I'm ready to get going on the yard, if the snow will ever go away!! :) I can't wait to paint the kitchen!! I don't think Daryl thought I was serious about painting the kitchen when I first told him (I make a lot of random comments). But I think he thinks I'm more serious when he came home from work the other day and I had completely rearranged the kids' bedroom, then Friday I rearranged our bedroom (I like it so much better I don't know why I haven't done it sooner, for both rooms). Then yesterday, I started cleaning out the cabnets and going through the house making DI piles. Just wait until I come home with paint samples! :)


1 comment:

Mariam said...

This weather is so crazy. I never know how to dress the kids, they are either cold because I thought a light jacket would do, or they're trying to ditch their coats because they're too hot.
Like you I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can do tons of home changes.
Good Luck