Pages

17 March 2008

Zac's Police Academy Graduation

To Boise and back in one day...that's enough driving for me for a week or so. But it was worth it. Zac looked so proud and official. Watch out women of Pocatello! He's still single! Sheesh. I still can't believe they let him have a gun... When we saw him all dressed up, I knew he had his bullet-proof vest on under his uniform, so I have him a good punch in the side...just checking. :)
Congrats, Zac. Go get those bad guys!
Dad was a proud papa that day, too, well ever since Zac was hired his buttons have been poping, but that day he was holding back tears. I could tell, Dad. I didn't see Dad at Bryant's or Mack's graduations, but I'm sure they were happy days, seeing his older children graduate from Universities. They both worked full time while they were finishing school, so they were both so glad to be done! Then, at my graduation, we all knew I was following Nanie Gay and wished she could have been there to see me get my pin (they don't pin nursing caps anymore), so we were all a bit teary. Teresa was just so glad to leave the hair school with her diploma that our party there took all of 20 minutes. :) Zac still plans on getting a degree in something that will help him get into the FBI, but seeing him be sworn in as a public servant, doing something Dad loved, will always be a special day for both of them. I was so glad we could be there to see it! Love you, Zac! That's a great legacy, Mom and Dad. Great job. :) xoxox

2 comments:

Mariam said...

Congratulations Zac! How on earth is he old enough to be a police officer, isn't he still 10?

Miss M said...

WOW!?!?!
I can't believe he's all growed up. And a police officer too! That's cool he's working toward the FBI, 2 of my neighbors work for the FBI here in San Antonio. Cool stuff