Pages

18 February 2008

Surprize!! A Cancer Free Party

"What's this for?"



Well, at least he didn't know about the party!! Luckily I didn't spill the beans (which I usually do) and though he spent the morning in bed with a cold, I was able to make him ware ear plugs then have his Dad keep him occupied downstairs while everyone came and I set up. My mom even took the kids for a ride and broke into her sister's house, just so they wouldn't give away the surprize. What a family, eh? If he had any clue I was acting wierd, he didn't let on. :)

Thanks, honey!

I didn't know what kind of cake to get. I saw this one and thought it would be fun. He's always wanted to drive a race car, plus it was the Daytona 500 this weekend, so what the heck. The steering wheel even makes noises. Hehehe We had a fun turn-out. Thanks everyone for coming! It was great to get together and celebrate the end of one thing and

the begining of a new life, cancer free!

6 comments:

Susie J. said...

I wish we could have been there!! It sounds like so much fun!

Mariam said...

Hi there! This is Mariam, I found you through your sisters page. It has been soo long since I have seen you. It sounds like you have had quite the eventful year (to say the least), but in true Rachel character you seem to take it all in stride with a great attitude.
I hope everything continues to go wonderful. It is so nice to see you again, even if it is just in pictures : )

Stephanie Hatzenbuehler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mariam said...

Hey this is Mariam agian, good to hear from you. We are living in a small town in Northern Utah, Kent is teaching at USU institute for now (the big move is coming soon). Where are you guys?

Terésa said...

Rachel, I just LOVE you!! I told mom today, that I just have the best sister in the world!! lol when I clicked from my blog to yours, we had the same song playing! Great minds, eh? We were glad to be able to come, and I was equally glad to have "The Elusive Mr. Speaker" there as well! Love Ya! xoxoxo

TeresaL said...

I wish we could have been there too! I'm glad you guys had fun and what a great reason to celebrate!!!