Pages

16 February 2010

Made With Love

I know what you're thinking: "Support Our Troops? Really? I didn't know Rachel knew anyone in the Military..."
Okay, maybe you weren't thinking that. I do know people in the military, and I love and support the entire military, but that's not what this is about today.
The Yellow Ribbon also has personal significance: it is the ribbon for Sarcoma, like the Pink Ribbon is for Breast Cancer. Go here for more information on ribbon colors.

June is also Sarcoma Awareness Month. I didn't mention it last year because I was hoping this was all behind us. Alas, that is not to be. D found out last Friday that he has another Ewing's Sarcoma tumor, in the same area where the last one was removed in January 2007. We won't know for a few more days what exactly will happen. He's not excited about more chemotherapy or radiation (who would blame him). It's been a blow to both of us. We were hoping he'd make it past the 5 year mark so we could increase his Life Insurance Policy. Oh, did that sound sadist? I didn't mean it like that :)
Well, this is a blog about cancer, right? I guess I need to kick up the "How To Take Care of A Cancer Patient" Column. I'll keep you updated. And Thank You to those who have already expressed their love and concern and thoughts and prayers with us. I know that's what helped us through the first time and we will get through it again....

4 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Rachel, I am so sorry to hear the news. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Jenny said...

Here's an extra big hug for you... I love you.

Terésa said...

I <3 you!

Unknown said...

I already told D but will second it with you. If you need anything that I can help with, please let me know okay. You will all be in my prayers for sure but I am willing to babysit or double date or bring a meal on a Saturday or something okay.