Pages

23 February 2010

Change is...

Change is good. Change is fun. Change is...inevitable. Yup, I just dropped the Bomb Of The Century! What?? Things change?? Sheesh, is THAT all??
Well, I for one love change. No, I embrace It! Yes, I would be totally comfortable changing my job every three or four years (if I wasn't happy with what I was doing). If it wasn't such a darn headache moving, I'd love to do that every few years too! I love going to new places, getting into the local culture; I just love traveling.

However, since it's not realistic, especially with children, moving every few years, there are a few things I CAN change, whenever I darn-well please.

Side note: Did you know? In a recession, the sale of lipstick increases?? It's an easy, inexpensive pick-me-up...and don't we all need more of those?

My hair, cut or color, doesn't matter. A few months ago I was blonde then went red. It was shocking because we were expecting something more in the dark brown range, but I really liked the auburn color. And, it worked well because my skin does well with cool colors. So, over the weekend when my roots were alarmingly in contrast (think light brown next to red...yeah), my vanity took over and I called my sister. Thanks to her schooling, I reap many of those benefits. She told me what I needed. I've colored her hair a few times, with her coaching, so I had a pretty good idea of what I needed to do, but doing that on your own head...in the back? Basically, I was just moving the brush around and mushing the color with my fingers. D says it's blended well enough that when he's not playing with it, you can't really tell it's patchy :) Thanks, sweetie.

I really should have used another ounce of product, but I didn't think about buying two tubes of color, so I just tried to make it work. And it does. At least my roots are taken care of. And the result? A really nice dark brown with a hint of red in the light. :) LOVE IT! Thanks Teresa. And Amber, I'm sorry I didn't call you :) It was a spur of the moment decision and I couldn't wait another day!! You know I love you and your scissors :)

I feel so accomplished today. Know what else? While my hair was processing, I made home-made Mac'N Cheese and veggies AND put away and started another load of laundry. It was a good day :)

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

It looks so good! I'm impressed! =)

Lothiriel said...

Beautiful hair!

Homemade mac-n-cheese!! Wow!
I always make from the box. I suck.

Terésa said...

Looks good, love!