Pages

03 July 2008

Paying Homage to Lumber and Sheet Rock...

...well for now, it's just lumber. Actually, these pictures are from the demo project that started last week, or was it the week before that? Anyhoo, my kitchen is torn up, there is a fine layer of white dust over the whole house and even though I painstakingly taped down a drop-cloth, I'm taping up holes daily. Non of this I mind, however, and was determined to not complain about it from the beginning. D was literally dying for something to do with his tools, so when I mentioned repainting the kitchen, it all just snowballed!!

Seriously, it all started with getting paint for the kitchen, then..."Crap, the disposal isn't working. Wouldn't it be easier to just install a new one in a new sink...I found a great counter top that would look so great with the new wall color...it would be great to just take the old ones off, let me paint then put the new ones on...good thing we're getting a new sink to go in the new counter top cuz the old faucet has a corrosion hole on the underside and is spraying water all over...might as well make the pantry bigger...if we made the door to the new pantry come out at an angle, we could move the fridge over and add another cupboard...I found a new backdoor that matches the pantry door..."

That's about where we are right now. :) I hope to have most of it done by next week, at least so we can paint the main color while my family is down from Idaho for Eliza's B-day party. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

P.S. He got the current garbage disposal working again, but he had already started the demo, so no going back now!! :)


No comments: