Pages

30 June 2008

Gas Prices Make People do Strange Things...

...for example:

Driving, Saturday afternoon, on southbound I15. Generally, we are staying with the traffic flow. There are, of course, the few crazies passing everyone but for the most part we are passing very few people and very few people are passing us. I'm enjoying the ride. Curious, I look over at the speedometer...65!! D is driving 65 mph and we are barely being passed!! Utahans are really getting desperate when they start slowing down to conserve gas. :)

So, I tried it on my way home from work tonight. Yes, I'll admit it, I put my cruse on 65 mph. I was still passed by the few crazies, but everyone else seemed content at that same speed or a tad bit faster, some even slower. I didn't even feel like a sitting duck, which I have in the past if I try to go that slow. Plus, it only added about 5-8 minutes to my commute.

Truthfully, I don't care what kind of engine you have:
NOTHING is fuel efficient at 80+ mph!!!

6 comments:

Terésa said...

My Hyundai Accent works better at 80+mph! ;) Utahn's slowing down? I will have to see this before I believe it.

Terésa said...

Why do your comments have to be approved? YYOOUU SSLLAAYY MMEE!!!!

Mariam said...

It's good to hear that some good has come from the gas increases.

Rachel said...

I've had wierd things try to be posted, so I moderate. :) That way, sis, if I don't like what you say...I get the last word! :) Hahaha!!

Terésa said...

Touché

gina said...

Hey there. I was looking through all the people who have "Twilight" as an interest and came across your blog. If you are interested in any Twilight merchandise check out our website. Thanks!
www.twilighttshirts.com