Pages

16 June 2008

An appology letter for My Hero on Father's Day

I know this is late, as Father's Day was yesterday, but I wanted to post something anyway. :)

I was full aware of what yesterday was, even as I woke out of dead sleep, realizing I forgot to turn off the sprinkler from the night before. I ran upstairs, shut it off, then quietly ran back to bed, hoping not to wake anyone up. When I returned to bed, you seemed to be asleep.

I was going to say sweetly, "Happy father's day," but you looked so comfy that I didn't want to wake you, so I closed my eyes (first opportunity missed). I fell back asleep, too.

Of course I slept in past my alarm. Who doesn't? But, that made it so you had to get the kids their breakfast and no one made YOU breakfast (second opportunity missed). We didn't even get to cuddle, like we sometimes do in the mornings.

I know you haven't felt great these last few weeks, but you've gotten out of bed and gone to work every day. I almost cry when you leave, knowing how tired you are. Or, maybe it's the thought of you riding the motorcycle...maybe that helps motivate you to get out of bed...? Anyway, even the day you could have had to yourself, I left you a "honey-do" list, of which you hit them all out of the park!! Mowing the lawn and taking E to her dress rehearsal and dinner? Amazing!

I'm sorry that I plan incessantly for all the big stuff, but forget to include the little stuff, too. Hopefully, we'll be able to take some deep breaths soon, and enjoy them. :) Until then, my love, know that you are a great father, a great husband and a great friend, none of which I would ever trade for all the dark chocolate in Switzerland. xoxoxo

No comments: