Pages

24 June 2008

Ahhh, good memories!!!

All growd up
I received a letter in the mail the other day from a very dear friend. Odd, I thought. No one sends things 'snail mail' these days.
Then I opened it and almost died laughing.
She had cut out the ad for the NKOTB summer concert in San Antonio and mailed it to me with an invite to stay at her house if I needed. :) Thanks, Melissa!!
Yes, sixth grade, 1990, I was invited by a class mate to go to Salt Lake and see NKOTB in concert! I was just surprised my parents let me go. I wasn't all that in to them at the time, but I have to admit, for a 12 year old tween, it was an awesome concert. :)
I was also surprised that this person asked me to go with her. At the time, we weren't really close, but after that we had a few years where we were inseparable. Then we drifted apart in high school. As I've kept up with her blog, there is alot of stuff I never knew about her, even in all the years I've known her. So, I think, why did she keep all that from me all those years, or is she just now coming to terms with her issues? Sometimes I wonder if you allow things to get twisted so much that you can make yourself believe anything.
And to think I thought I knew someone...sheesh.
ANYWHO...no I don't plan to go to the concert this year, either in San Antonio OR Salt Lake, but thanks for the offer, Mel! I'm sure we'll all get our NKOTB fill this summer.

2 comments:

Miss M said...

Hooray!!! I'm SO glad you got my little gift. I was hoping it would lure you down to TX. I'll be in the SLC area the last week of July.Let's get together.

M

Terésa said...

SUEYYYY!!!!! I want to go to the salt lake one!! Come with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!