Pages

18 June 2008

Good books

I just finished Stephanie Meyer's newest book The Host. She stated it was "sience fiction for people who don't like science fiction." Can I just say, I'm still aching for those characters!

I know, I'm a sap and easily entertained and not very well-read, but I do enjoy a good emotional rollercoaster, and this one had me going up and down. I must be creatively shallow because I usually don't see the twists and turns. All I can do is read and hold on, and stay up until 2am finishing the next chapter, then the next...cuz I can't put the thing down!

It was like that with the Work and the Glory series, then more recently the Great and Terrible series by Chris Stewart, book #5 just came out! Then even more recently, the Twilight series that I just got into this past year. Wow, never thought teenaged vampires could be such interesting story boards. But I'm hooked! Club Edward, all the way!

I must admit,though, I had a hard time getting into The Host, and I think it's because I don't have much of an imagination and I had a hard time putting my mind around the concept of where the story was going. So, I put the book down for a few weeks. Then, after staring at the eye on the cover these past weeks, I finally had a few moments while I waited for Eliza's dance class, and...BAMM! One week later, the book's finished and Daryl can have it back. I guess he was reading it. :)

Yes, I've already pre-ordered Braking Dawn that comes out in August; then the Twilight movie comes out in December... lots of reading and viewing to enjoy.

Gosh, I love a good book...until it ends; that bites. ;)

No comments: