Pages

08 July 2008

Tuesday Tell All

What makes me PROUD to be an American:

So many things, how do I even start? I loved the video my sister put on her TTA for today. I agree, seeing the service men and women is truly heartwarming, knowing what they are doing for our country.

What else?

Being able to go to school and choose my career

Being able to vacation, at all, where ever I darn well feel like it

Being able to marry whomever I choose

Being able to pray to whomever I choose

Being able to own a gun (if I so choose) and protect my family

Being able to vote for the leader I feel is most capable to lead

Paul Revier, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and so many others who were influential in the building and protecting of our country's religious freedom

But how do I ever say "Thank you" to a bunch of people who are no longer alive?

I can show my gratitude by living how they would want me to live, in our country of freedom, by utilizing the tools of voting they gave me, by supporting our military, by teaching my children to respect the laws of the land and the flag of our country, by enjoying the beautiful land and all it has to offer, and by praying to the God who made it all possible.

And shedding a tear or two every time I sing the "Star Spangled Banner" or say the Pledge of Allegiance (my own personal touch).

1 comment:

Terésa said...

I didn't see this post until today!! :( Well said!!