Pages

31 May 2009

What is it good for? Absolutly nothing :)

So, for the longest time, my favorite color has been yellow. It's just a happy color and I smile when I think about it. But, I can't ware it; it washes me out. I never decorate with it; it's too bright. The two times I have painted with it, I've reminded myself why I shouldn't have done so to begin with. I have used yellow in card-making, but that's about it.

Then, a little over a year ago, my whole view changed. I saw a bag while in Philly, PA for a work conference, and literally almost stopped breathing. I put it on my shoulder, and walked away with it (after paying, of course) in a happy daze and have been in love ever since!!




You can't tell from this picture, but the green is sort of metallic and shimmers beautifully in the light. The bag itself is the perfect size, too. Not too deep so as to loose everything, but it's roomy enough for the essentials and a book, with enough pockets for everything. I just clip my keys on and go!

Then, last summer, remember how I washed my phone? Why did I get the replacement phone that I did? Because it just happened to come in green! The same shimmery, metallic, loud green as my purse! Next, for Mother's Day, I picked out an MP3 player and they had one in bright green!

Interesting, I say. So I decided to do a little bit of Internet research (which is almost like getting your advice from the National Enquirer). Read the article here. So according to this one article, I am jealous of Ireland with a calm, Islamic-environmentalist attitude where time moves fast but I love Spring and Christmas. The military stability helps in my naturalistic recycling tendencies and leads me to an earthy, retro, conservative look.

Hmmm. But, I don't have a Green Thumb. Interesting. I'm too tired to look up any other sites and try to find something more meaningful, so this will have to do. It's just fun to mix things up once in a while!

1 comment:

Carolyn V. said...

I love your purse!!!

I did that same thing with a cute used purse. I bought it and brought it home. But after a day or two, I realized it smelled really funny. I took it over to a friend who comfirmed...my purse smelled like...weed. and not the kind in my flower garden.

I'm still trying to get the smell out so I can use it. I might just throw it away. *sigh*