Pages

29 May 2009

Unique 2009 Update

Waiting for lots of stuff, so i figured I'd update (mostly myself) on my Unique 2009 Goals.

The start of the year was pretty inspirational. I was training dilligently to run a 5K race (that turned into 2 different 5K races) and was quite successful in loosing some very-much unwanted weight. I was off to a great swimsuit-season-head-start! March came and really knocked me off my groove. I had the worst and longest sinus infection I ever remember having, which in turn seriously effected my training routine. Also, I had to increase my depression medication (probably because I wasn't able to be as physically active as I had been the previous 6 months). That's a love-hate relationship in itself. Then, working whily you're sick just bites and I never felt rested. The rest was a blurr.

However, I did run the 5K races (with tons of support from lots of family and friends, thank you!). As for the rest of my list...I just have to laugh and move on with life. Read this:

*Run a 5K - check and check!
*Enjoy Chocolate - That's harder than it sounds. It's not just eatting, it's having a piece of chocolate that is sooo good that you don't want to put anything else in your mouth to ruin the aftertaste of that which you have just enjoyed! Occational Check :)

*Get More Sleep - I don't even know why that is on this list. It would be nice, but...I guess there are still 6 months left in the year...

*Hide Chocolate - this referrs to hiding regular chocolate, like MnM's (when they are even in the house), tootsie rolls (possitive reinforcement treats for the kids), chocolate chips for baking, etc. This way the every-day chocolate doesn't ruin my palet for the stuff worth enjoying. :) Check!

*Marchmallows, Cheese and Crackers - Haven't done this one in a while. We haven't had cracker in the house for a long time because of L, but we have to do this one soon!!

*Send More Cards - Okay, I haven't sent one card so far :) Still have 6 months...

*Make More Cards - Yah, haven't got that far either...

*Kids Wash Dishes - Some days are better than others, but they enjoy helping. I'm just too neurotic to let them do it by themselves...yet.

*No Mis-matched Socks - Check, Check and Check! Actually, it's an ongoing process, isn't it :)

*Birthday Cards - Let's obviously not go there...it's on my "to-do" list

*Save Change - Cha-Ching! Check!

And that, my friends, is Me :)

2 comments:

Mama Bean said...

GREAT goal!!!

Terésa said...

You and your lists. See if you don't keep a list, you aren't reminded how bad you are doing! That's my thinking. :)