Pages

10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me

I sure love my Mom. In fact, it was her example and attitude which made me want to be a mother, too. :) I have met many Mothers over my 30 years; each and every one of them have been an inspiration. How would the world be without mothers?

I hate asking questions that have no answers, but someone always asks them. So, since it is Mother's Day, I thought I'd take some time on MY day (and all of YOUR days) to make a list of the things I love about being a Mother! (BTW, any of these enjoyments have been enjoyed by more than simply mothers) :)

*The time I DO sleep is very appreciated
*Taking multi-tasking to a whole new multi-level
*I missed the creative gene my sister inherited, but somewhere I picked up the willingness to get her idea on things that need to be creative (she's a great mother, too!)
*There is something fulfilling about making a satisfying, healthful meal for my family (even if it takes all day)
*I love the smell of fresh linen and a freshly mowen lawn
*The wrinkles in said linen have, on rare occasion, led me to iron my bedsheets and a few dishtowels
*Spending the entire day in your house, but at the end of the day, feeling the accomplishment of Spring cleaning/organizing
*Artwork of every medium (crayon, pencil, finger paint, real paint, markers, glue, glitter...)
*Even thinking of buying more magnets for the fridge
*Finding something you actually need...on SALE
*Sleeping through the night (or at least for 6 hours at once) after coming home from the hospital.
*Baby smells (yes, all of them)
*Bath time (means Clean time). Water can solve just about any mess, unless it is the cause of the mess...thus the invention of the towel
*Hand prints and measuring lines. They get bigger so fast!

I could go on and on, but I'd love to hear some of yours!

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

No comments: