Pages

19 September 2009

Utah State Fair (ie: People Watching At Its Finest)

Who goes to the State Fair without a camera?? Apparently I do. Not only did I leave the camera home, I also left most of my Sunny Day common sense with it (sunscreen, hats), but I'll be darned if I didn't pack jackets for everyone and blankets JUST IN CASE someone were to get cold in the EVENING! Did I mention it was 90+ degrees today?? And a very beautiful blue sky; no clouds to cover our fun-filled Fair day.

Naw, we sought lots of shade and water and the kids hardly got any color. Me, on the other hand, has a nice set of raccoon eyes and red lines on my neck that my shirt currently is rubbing...

Anyway, so back to People Watching. If this were a sport, I would soooooo be all over it. This is my most fun thing to do. But I have to do it by myself. If I'm doing this with anyone else, it can turn into a judgement session: Do you NOT have a mirror at home? Seriously? You are actually wearing that...around other people?

See? That's just not nice, even more so that they (thankfully) can't hear my awful judgements. Besides, who am I to judge what someone else deems appropriate? I just turn my head and move on with my day.

But when I'm alone, or have a few minutes alone, I just watch all the people go by and think:
Such a cute prego belly! Gosh, it's crazy that I will never have that again. For crying out loud, there are a lot of pregnant people here!
He's just not that into her. Someone should tell her...
I'm sure glad my kids don't throw tantrums
Hair extensions are fun; I can't wait to do it again
Why is everything at the Fair so expensive? Why do we pay those prices?
How safe are the rides? That thought alone creeps me out
He's not that into her, either! What's wrong with the girls? You're cute; go find someone who cares about YOU and not just some arm candy! Geez, I can see it from here!
Ouch, that's gonna be a worse sunburn than mine. Well, I guess it pays to wear something other than a bra and tank top. Burnt cleavage: not cool
Can I still get some sort of Chastity Belt with blinders? Wow, that could be a whole blog topic by itself!
Oh, good, D's back. I need a Funnel Cake and a Snow Cone!!

2 comments:

Terésa said...

Fair... Food...

Jenny said...

I am sitting in surgery (spine...go figure) it is very quiet in here and I just totaly laughed out loud. Opps.

You are a riot.