Pages

09 September 2009

In a Cave with Sunglasses?

Seriously? Yup. We took the family and met my in-laws at a condo in Bear Lake over the holiday weekend. Bless their hearts, they had a ton of fun things planned for us to do. Good thing: I didn't have to spend the weekend entertaining the kiddos. Not-so-good-thing: I just had PRK done on my eyes and couldn't see, much less keep them open very long. But, I wanted to be supportive of their family activities. They love helping the grandkiddos experience interesting things.

So, I'm one day post-PRK and using artificial tears every 2 minutes and wearing large, black, industrial-size sunglasses to keep random things from blowing into my eyes. And we drive up to Minatonka Cave. Yes, that's right. We are going into a dark, damp cave and I have to wear sunglasses :) Picture that. Can you imagine the looks? REALLY? Then, at the very back of the cave, the guide turns out the light so we all can experience TOTAL DARKNESS BUT I CAN STILL FEEL THE DRAFT and I don't want anything to fly into my EYES!

Bonus: LeBeu's Raspberry Shake :)

3 comments:

Miss M said...

I'm with you, Bear Lake raspberry shakes ARE a bonus. Let me know how the PRK goes.

Carolyn V. said...

Mark loves his PRK. You're smart to protect those eyes! Plus I agree with Miss M, the shakes are good. =)

Jenny said...

FOOD ALWAYS MAKES THINGS BETTER