Pages

26 September 2009

Carrera Marble

These two words evoke a literal daydream, where I go to my happy place: my dream kitchen.

I have yet to see it in a picture, but I envision it in my mind. I came very close to seeing my dream home when we went through a model home at Bear Lake's Parade of Homes over Labor Day weekend. When we drove up to the driveway, my heart started beating faster. I sat in the car for a few moments, afraid to go in, afraid to be disappointed. I finally took a deep breath and left the car, because, truthfully, I was completely curious! I couldn't wait to see what was behind the Craftsman door!

I can't even begin to describe to you what this house was like, every detail, every built-in, every reading nook. Except that, when I walked through the front door, I had to literally hold back tears because there was a sales man there to greet us. I blamed it on itchy contacts :)

There were still a few things (very few) that I might have changed if we were to build it, but if I could have moved that house down to somewhere in Sugar House (anywhere east of 1300 E), I would have signed all the paperwork right then and there.

Alas, here I sit, in our two-bedroom cozy apartment, watching HGTV and dreaming of my dream kitchen/home. This apartment is the key to our future being debt-free and someday, having that carrera marble somewhere in that dream house!

p.s. OMGoodness! This is the house!! I wish you could see the inside!

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Someday we will all have dream houses ...and they will be paid for. Debt free is worth the wait! *hugs back to ya* =)

Mariam said...

My dream house is a house where I can walk around 3 sides of the bed, and a back door to the back yard. But, like you somethings are more important than getting what I want now. It will be worth the wait.

Jenny said...

It will come!!!! Hang in there.