Pages

21 September 2009

2009 Emmy What???

I relatively do not enjoy watching award shows, except for the Oscars. But, even then, I'll just flip to it occasionally while I'm watching something else more worth my time, like Good Eats or House Hunters or the History Channel for Pete's sake :)

Last night was no different; the 2009 Emmy's were on but we were watching a super great football game!! The Giants totally upset the Cowboys in Dallas (sorry, all my family and friends that live in Texas). Well, not totally upset but Romo's mouth needs some soap, that's for darn sure. The Giants were ahead almost the whole game. Dallas fought back in the last quarter to be up by one, then NY fired down the field in 3 or 4 plays into field goal range and made a field goal -- not once but twice, because RIGHT before the snap Dallas called a time out -- with NO TIME left!! Awwwwe---sooome! Then I watched House Hunters, then went to bed.

So, this morning I'm getting the recap of the Emmy winners this morning. The following is a short synopsis of my thoughts:
Never heard of that show
Never heard of that show
Who's that?
Why does Alec Baldwin always win? Give it a REST already! I don't watch 30 Rock anyway, maybe he is funny, but funnier that Steve Carell? Come ON!
Gray What?
Mad Men?
House of Saddam? Really?
John Stewart, okay, yeah he's hilarious, but there is actually a vote for a variety show?? Does that mean HeeHaw gets to come back?
Little Dorrit?? What the h...?
There was actually a vote for Guest Actors...they are really scraping bottom, but Justin Timberlake can have my vote anytime :)

But what was really confusing, the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony won TWO awards...

Whatever. I hate stroking egos and ratings anyway.

I'll stick with my Good Eats and House Hunters, TYVM (thank you very much)

Go Broncos!! :)

5 comments:

Terésa said...

John Stewart.... Really Rach??

tisk, tisk.

Mariam said...

If the Little Doritt that won was the one on PBS Masterpiece Theater, then it was really good (from the book by Charles Dickens). It was like a 5 week series though, so I would say watch it only if you have the time. 30 Rock is pretty funny too. But Alec is not my favorite actor on the show. (Is it really acting when you play an arrogant, selfish, jerk and you really are and arrogant, selfish jerk)
Other than that, I hear you. Who are these strange people who get to vote for the winners on any awards show. Why are they the experts on what is funny, or moving... I hear what you are saying.

Carolyn V. said...

Hee hee hee. That is so funny! I unfortunately missed them all. Darn it!

Mama Bean said...

I agree with EVERYTHING you said!!!

Jenny said...

WHAT!!!! BIGGEST LOSER DIDN'T WIN IT ALL.