Pages

31 January 2010

Um, What's that smell???

One of my days off last week, the sun was shining and it felt nice to be outside without a jacket. So I decided it was a great day to clean out the cars. We had bought a new booster seat for L because she's big enough now to be out of the 5-point restraint, so I started with removing the car seats from both cars...and oh what a mess to behold!!

Every time I move the car seats, I am determined to not let the kids eat in the car...and then we go on a long road trip, or I just have a week moment while out running errands or grocery shopping and I succumb to the Gold Fish! And then I pay for it later... every time.

Anyway, as I'm using the dust buster, I find myself guiltily enjoying this little task. There is something about vacuuming that I love, and I think it's the Instant Satisfaction. You see the mess, then **Poof** it's gone!

Chaos is gone and Order is once more established!
(insert sinister laugh here)

So I happily busted dust and debris and food crumbs in both cars that day, followed by a quick clean-out of other little compartments where "treasures" were certain to be found and rewarded myself with a quiet drive, alone, for a moment anyway, as I picked up the children from school and listened to them say, "Whoa. What happened in here?"

This, my children, is what happens when we choose to accomplish something and follow it through until completion: Cleanliness. "Um, what's that smell?"

Oh, the fresh car sent you ask? Why, I believe it to be called Waterfall. "Uh, no, I think L dropped her banana."

Sure enough, there was a banana peel that my little "helper" left behind. Quickly stuffing it into the new trash bag, I enjoyed the short ride home listening to them chatter and realized:

Any mess is worth the clean-up as long as you enjoy the creation!!

xoxo Rachel

2 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

You're right. Thanks for the reminder Rachel! =)

TeresaL said...

so true!