Pages

19 January 2010

Missing

It's the first time EVER something like this has happened to me... :( I'm meticulous and OCD about organizing and checking and double-checking...

But I'm also OCD about having an empty memory card. In my mind, memory cards are B&B's for pictures and information. I have to find the information/pictures and permanent home ASAP so I can once again have an uncluttered memory card (you can imagine the state of my home on Saturdays).

It had been weeks since I downloaded pictures off the memory card, you know Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, J's birthday, then some fun dress-up pictures of the girls from just yesterday. So, I had some time and just got a fun photo editing program and was going to try it out so I started downloading, 100-some odd pictures.
When I saw it was all done, I cleaned the memory card, put it back into my camera, then went back to the editing program...and only 6 were there!! I wanted to cry...but that wouldn't bring back my pictures (sigh). I looked everywhere, tried everything I could think of...no pictures to be found.

I guess I'll be more careful next time...that, and get over some of those OCD tendencies! Freak! (Picture found here)

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

I'm so sorry!

Mariam said...

So, sorry. : ( I have been there too. I am also obsessed with a clean memory card.

Unknown said...

I have done that TWICE! I have learned my lesson and now have a new OCD problem. I download my pictures onto my computer once a month, I also burn them onto a storage CD once a month, once I KNOW it is on the CD I finally clean off my card and then am good to go. So sorry to have lost pictures!