Pages

04 January 2010

And Now We're Off...

...Off to the races!! But I have a distinct feeling I won't be running any legitimate races this year. HOWEVER, I WILL be making more time for myself. And yes, an hour at the gym every day is blissful and I will embrace every one of those 60 minutes!

As for the new year, we (as a family) have a lot we want to accomplish/do/visit. Personally, I have made a Resolution to NOT make any Resolutions this year. Not that I think resolutions are bad, or that if you have a Resolution List that you are weak. Not At All. We all need lists. I am a huge fan of lists! Lists are my life! However, this resolution business has never really worked for me. By March, I've pretty much given up on the Resolution and moved on to goals for the rest of the year. So, I figured, Why not just start with a Goal in the first place?? Then I can simply bypass the disappointment all together!! Beautiful!

Until now, I've always assumed that "Resolution" was just a fancier word for "Goal," until I actually looked it up. Resolution, as mentioned here, seems to be more of a verb behind the goal, the extra something that increases the motivation to accomplish a goal. So, essentially, these last 20 years, I've lacked Resolution this whole time instead of wanting to find it!

Now that I've set myself straight (thank you thesaurus.com) I can focus on what I really want to accomplish this year. I won't make you read them all, but I have a special place in my private room (actually, it's only private when the door is locked) where I'm keeping track of these things. I'll also post it on the fridge so my husband can see his required level of involvement. We'll see if this will work for us, but I can Guarantee You that one hour, maybe 90 minutes, six days a week, will be Me Time at our local Rec. Center. Those 60+ minutes may or may not always include a Tread Mill/Weights :)

Off to a Great Start, Everyone!! Here's to a Great 2010!!
(Picture found here)

2 comments:

TeresaL said...

You go girl! woot!

Jenny said...

I have already fallen off my resolution wagon a couple of times.

I really really really just want a piece of chocolate.