Pages

15 January 2010

I Have A Dream...

...and I'm always reminded of it over a long weekend :)

Actually, working as a Nurse, I was never really able to enjoy long weekends or even holidays because I was always working! Holiday pay, baby!! But now that I work in an Operating Room, I don't have to work weekends OR holidays! Wow! What a nice change! I still pinch myself.

Can I just tell you how much I love my job???

I've never really talked about work much on this blog. It's never good to mix work with personal stuff. Separation is good...and necessary :) But I love my co-workers. We are a small Operating Room with a handful of Neuro Surgeons doing a range of brain surgery and neuro spine surgery, 4 rooms, a branch of the Main Operating Room. We are a small family and really enjoy it. Well, I enjoy it. The people I work with make me laugh every single day. Some of those people have been gone this week, and I miss them!

As for the weekend, I have a dream, too. Not quite like Martin Luther King, Jr, but it's still a dream: Sleeping the day away without any responsibility.

That won't even happen this weekend. I'm going to play too much with my brothers and sisters and brand new niece!!

But it's still a good dream :)

No comments: