Pages

07 September 2008

Well, that was fun...

...Now it's time to do something different (My life-long mantra).

Because the faster Daryl gets through school, the sooner I can stay home with the kids, he's going to school full time this semester, hopefully full time until he graduates. But that means less time at work and less extra income.

Cancer isn't what it used to be.

So, in order to cut costs, we've put ourselves on a waiting list for an apartment back on campus. At first we were told it would take a year or longer. Then we found out, because of the apartment we want, we could be into it by the end of the year!! What a blessing! We'll find out for sure in November.

But that means more change (which D isn't crazy about) and leaving our friends here in White City. That would be the only thing that holds me back, but that won't pay my mortgage so I gotta move on! :) There is so much we need to do to the house to get it ready to sell, but I had a dream last night that we sold it right away. I know this is a blessing, and all though we'll miss our friends and neighborhood, I know this is an answer to our prayers. I am really very excited. It will be a fun opportunity to live on campus again; being close to work = more time at home with my family! Small apartment = cozy fun times!

Change is never easy, but I love a good challenge, and a good chance to clean out my house!!

Daryl needs a little more convincing. Anyone good with a paint brush? I need all the help I can get!!

2 comments:

Miss M said...

Change is always hard, but it's even harder to avoid it. I'm happy to hear you'll get to spend more time with your children. Good luck with the painting and selling. By the way, my mum says the first thing most new homeowners do is repaint. I say, don't spend too much time or money on it since it's likely it will be redone. There's my two bits.

TeresaL said...

if we lived closer, I'd help you! I'm sure things will work out. Daryl, change can be a good thing :) We love you guys!