Pages

11 September 2008

More Not-So-Random Thoughts of a Six yearold

E: I have the best hearing of anyone in the world.

Me: Then why don't you listen to me?

E: Well, I'm not Wonder Woman!

(I didn't even know she knew who WW was!!)

***************
E: Mom?!? Is something burning? I smell bacon!!

(referring to a time when the bacon caught on fire in the oven as I was trying to cook it)

***************
E: Mom, I have some Saturday Rules.

Me: Okay

E: Rule #1 -- Come upstairs on Saturday morning and get us out of bed.
Rule #2 -- If I'm not awake, go back downstairs until I am awake.
Rule #3 -- When I stomp on the floor, come upstairs and get breakfast ready.

Me: Mmhhmm

E: It's pretty simple, really...Why are you trying not to laugh?

Me: I'm not laughing. I just love listening to your stories.

E: It's not a story, Mother. It's just breakfast.

(not only has she made rules, but what 6yo says 'pretty simple, really'? I'm still chuckling!)

6 comments:

Mariam said...

Those are too funny. E is such a clever, quick witted, little girl. I love her rule #2 and not being wonder woman.

Terésa said...

One of the perks of being an aunt is getting to hear these random narratives. I’ll never forget the one... “My mom died in prison. And I laid on her cold body and cried.” Mom almost wrecked the car when L came up with that one!! (I don’t know if you wanted me sharing that with the world) ;)

Grandma B. said...

These are priceless. She will always keep you on your toes.

Terésa said...

Opps! I said 'L' when I meant 'E'! Curse you moms and the initial’s!!

jamie said...

Your daughter seems like a funny kid- I think camping with the kids is a good idea NEXT year. Good luck with the move- possibly. Did you hear Abasse was diagnosed with AML? So sad....
jamie

TeresaL said...

how funny! She's so cute!