Pages

20 September 2008

Oh, the struggles...

...when you get to sleep in until 6am and it feels like heaven!

Seriously, I tossed and turned, then finally rolled over, sneezed a few times, looked at the clock and it was 5:55 and my body was having no more sleep! Ugh! So, I went upstairs to take an allergy pill (that will knock me out in about another hour) and decided to catch up on my blog reading and personal on-line journal.

I have noticed that since I left our bed 75 minutes ago, Daryl has been sleeping very soundly.

I contemplated laying down on the very comfy couch in the very-dark family room, then I figured I could write a blog about the harrows of working every day and not getting enough sleep and having so much to do and no time to do it...then while I'm typing I'm thinking..."Nothing new. Everyone feels that way, regardless of their situation." Yes, I'm no pioneer, just yet another tired Mom who tries to make everything work for everyone and trying to keep everyone happy.

And yet, this morning, being awake before anyone else, I'm feeling subtly accomplished as a person. That's a new development.

I'm going to take my daily 'happy pill' (another blog for another time) and bring in a bunch of boxes and start packing.

Love you all. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Terésa said...

That’s funny. I was up then too, so I went for a jog, feeling quite accomplished as well!

Mariam said...

Wow, look at you go getters. I was not sleeping either, but I just laid in bed thinking.

TeresaL said...

I love being up before everyone else when I've had enough sleep. It does make me feel very accomplished too!