Pages

17 September 2008

So Far Behind...

...that I don't even know where to start catching up! I have 200 pictures on my camera that I haven't even downloaded yet, so my camera knows what the kids have been doing all summer... I'll catch up with you all probably around Christmas...well, we'll be moving over the break...maybe you'll just have to wait for a while. :)

Speaking of catching up, Daryl took my out on a real date last night for our 3rd Anniversary. It was so lovely. He arranged a babysitter (thanks Papa Peay) and took me to The Roof Restaurant at the JSMB. He wanted to go to the Joseph Smith movie first, but he didn't make it home from work in time. But, we walked around temple square and walked through the South Visitor's Center. They've put in an exhibition about building the SLC temple. It was really interesting.

Dinner was so cozy. I never knew "buffet" could be so elegant. There was even a pianist, and she was even playing pieces I knew. :) Then, while we were eating, she started playing our song (Bless the Broken Road, by Rascal Flats) and I started tearing up. D asked her to play it for us. We had a beautiful night view of the temple and the city from our table and just enjoyed our evening together. I knew we were going to go out to dinner, but he wanted the rest to be a surprise. It's nice to be surprised now and then. Thanks, love. I can't wait to go back next year and talk about these past months.

3 comments:

Mariam said...

Ohhh, so romatic. The Roof is a romantic restaurant. Kent took me there when we found out that he was hired. Little romantic surprises are the Best!
Congratulations!

TeresaL said...

That's so sweet!!!

Terésa said...

That is super, uber(my new word) sweet. I'm going to have to tell Jarrod ;). Last year for our anniversary he surprised me with tickets to Ballet West 'The Nutcracker' it was the best date ever! And every one knew but me! I remember Grandma told me a few weeks later when i saw her she knew about it 'for some time'!