Pages

29 March 2009

Finally, Something I Can Manage...

In the vast expanse known generally as 'the blogging world' women and men of the world come together to share details and personal aspects of our lives...putting these emotions, pictures, thoughts, concerns, vents and frustrations out in the open in hopes to relieve some pressure, somewhere. I must admit, I've enjoyed the creative outlet, even if only for myself. Thank you to the handful of you that tell me you enjoy this, too. I've gained a greater strength for myself, knowing that if I can blog about, I can laugh about it. And that's so much more fun than worrying!

Anyway, along with all the cyber-support we give each other, I have found some amazing resources in this new cyber world. I've been overwhelmed with emergency preparedness for a few years and trying to get (and keep) our family's food storage and emergency supplies and have been clamouring for SIMPLE and easy ideas of ways to do this when you have a small space and an even smaller budget. A sight I frequent, one of the contributors was recently made "Emergency Preparedness Leader" (I think) in her ward and what did she do?? She started a blog!! :) It's just barely been up but she will have weekly assignments to make a daunting task seem more manageable!! Thank you!! I encourage all of you to visit this sight and take advantage of simple advice. I know any small progress is still progress! :) And, if any of YOU have other ideas or resources, please pass them on! I'm always looking for great advice!

2 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks! I'm going to the site right now!

Giles Family said...

I just thought I should let you know I love your blog! Its always so helpful and inspirational. Love ya