Pages

24 January 2009

Guess What I Made???

Let me tell you now I never confess to be anywhere close to Rachael Ray. I make cookies now and then (my sister makes them better), the occasional chocolate cake, and fudge of course. But homemade biscuts? Never thought I would, but I was craving biscuts and sausage gravy for some odd reason. I didn't want to go to the store to get the Pillsberry biscuts so I figured I'd look for a recipe. Then, as if a sign, I was looking through my Better Homes and Gardens magazine while at work last night and low and behold...a biscut recipe! Looked easy enough, but I'd need buttermilk. Daryl went to the store with his Dad (he was visiting). Bad idea, but that's another story. Let's just say I gave them a list of 6 things and they came home with a whole lot more. :)

Anyway, feeling quite accomplished, I tried to get some pictures but the pictures don't do it justice. They were a bit heavier than I would have liked, but for my first try they tasted pretty yummy.
Just know that a good friend inspired me to give homemaking a try. I may even try bread after this, without a bread maker...maybe. :)

They were more golden then the pictures shows

5 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

I am so impressed! A woman who can stand macing herself and make biscuits! Hee hee :)

By the way, the biscuits look really yummy!

We miss ya!

Terésa said...

Congrats! You're well on your way to domestication!! ;)

Mariam said...

They look flakey and delicious. Congratulations! Maybe Rachel Ray has nothing on you.

Jenny said...

i never tried biscuits. But I do love biscuits and gravy. Call me next time and I will help you eat them.

Miss M said...

Yum!!! Good job.

I want to hear the Daryl and Dad shopping story. That has some potential.