Pages

22 January 2009

Waiting

*Today is one of my days off work.
*I did laundry on Tuesday, so I restrain myself from emptying any hampers. It can wait until next Tuesday.
*D called the Maintenance Dept, again, yesterday about our shower that is still not put back together. Someone assured him someone would be over today, sometime.
*After getting E on the bus, I take a shower and actually do my hair, grateful my sister talked me into cutting bangs. Should've done that a while ago.
*Get L dressed and head to the grocery store.
*Come home with bags, get in the elevator, get up to the apartment, L screams cuz I take 0ff her jacket. Decide it's nap-time. She won't sleep. She won't even lay down. I shut the door while she's crying, then when she stops crying, I know it's because she's out of bed playing with something. She'll tire eventually. I need to get the food put away.
*Turn on the TV for some background noise, Food Channel is always good. Wrote down some ideas from Paula Dean and Bearfoot Contessa and Giada.
*With background noise going, I make cupcakes to decorate for FHE (will give to neighbors on our floor) and de-thaw some meat for dinner. Then mix different colors of frosting.
*Still by myself in the living room/kitchen. Feels weird.
*Cupcakes are baking. L is crying cuz I put her on the top bunk bed and she "wanna get up" which is funny cuz she never went to sleep.
*I close the door to her room again and sit down on the couch, flipping through channels, nothing to watch. D will be home from class soon. Better get started on dinner.
*Dinner? It's not even 3pm, I tell myself.
*Well, what do I do with at least 30 minutes, all to myself?
*Maintenance guy comes, looks at the shower, says, "I have to go see if the store room has this part. I probably won't be back tonight but someone will be by tomorrow." Are you freaking kidding me?????
"DING" cupcakes are done. Now what?


Face it, I do not know how to relax.

3 comments:

Mariam said...

Whew! I am tired just from reading your blog about relaxing. I don't know how you do it all.

Miss M said...

The crazy thing about being busy all of the time is that when you're not, you don't know what to do. I have that problem too. Sorry to hear about your shower, that is frustrating. I have found the squeaky wheel gets lots of attention. The squeak doesn't have to be angry or mean, but if you keep reminding people eventually they make you a priority just so you'll stop bugging them.

L sounds like O when it comes to sleeping. O is fine with naps. She actually tells me she's going to nap and then does, BUT going to bed at night???? It's a whole other story. Most nights I just give up and after the routine is done, I let her get bored while I doing adult stuff, like folding laundry, catching up on email, paying bills. When she asks me to do something, or just basically wants my attention, I tell her "Nope, you need to be sleeping." Some nights it takes an hour and other nights it's only 20 minutes.

Wow, that was a novel. ha ha ha. I was just trying to say, in a very verbose way, that I can relate to the none sleeping child.

Jenny said...

I hate that feeling. I wish mom's could just friggin relax. I get the same way.
Sometimes I will ask my husband what he wants for dinner while we are eating breakfast. He just laughs at me.
Hope you get some rest soon. Oh, and a fixed shower!!!