Pages

06 January 2009

Unique New York

I know I told you I wouldn't trivialize you with a list of New Year's Resolutions, but we missed the bus this morning. :)

Stay with me for a minute...

So, I'm driving (sliding, more like) Eliza to school on the scary snowy roads and listening to a local radio morning show and they were talking about resolutions, of course. But not just the regular, classic resolutions (i.e. 'loose weight' blah, blah) but resolutions that you'd like to start or keep doing that are not so traditional. So, I've thought of a few unique ones for myself!

**Put pocket change into a collection jar to use for Christmas presents this coming year
**Send Birthday cards to all of my family members (including nieces and nephews)
**Throw away socks that don't have a matching pair
**Work with the kids so they will wash and dry the dishes after dinner
**Learn to use my mother-in-law's Criquet
**Make more cards
**Send more cards that I've made
**Eat more marshmallows and cheese on soda crackers
**Put away the chocolate (I'm just putting it somewhere so I can't always see it. I didn't say get
rid of it entirely! These are just unique, not impossible. Sheesh!)

Well, my mind is running dry, but I'd like to add to this list, just 'cuz I think it would be fun. Wanna add something? Let me know and I'll make a running list on the side! Then we can look at it all the time and remind ourselves often of our goals!! :) Because, we all know that the first step to accomplishing a goal is to write it down! Until next time...

4 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Hey Rachel! I have a great one! Sleep in more! We all definitely need that one:)

McRae Clan said...

Awesome list! I may have to "borrow" some of your ideas. I am having such a hard time coming up with any goals/resolutions because I am so bad at doing them.

I wanted to let you know I am doinga Mama Mia night at my house next Thursday the 15th at 9PM (I know it's late) and I would LOVE for you to come! I am sad you moved and I was hoping to do a going away girls night with you but maybe you can still make it to some of the girls nights that we do! :)

Jenny said...

Marshmallows and cheese together??? Hummmm. Certainly unique.

Miss M said...

Way to go on the socks thing. For some reason I get that it's hard to toss them out. I always think the missing one is probably lonely and I always think it will eventually come home.