Pages

19 October 2008

Tagged

I guess telling "Our Story" is fun. Enjoy.


(Why does it look like I'm partially cut out of this picutre? I just noticed that)

1. Where did you first meet your husband?
We met through LDSsingles.com. He was one of my first contacts (he contated me) and we chatted for a month before we actually met in person.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
"Hi, Daryl?" After he knocked on my door, and I opened it, to pick me up for our first date. I don't remember what our first on-line conversation was.

3. Where was your first date?
We went to the Bengal Cafe on ISU campus to listen to a musical performer (who was really quite entertaining) with some other friends of mine. These other friends were supposed to be meeting guys there, too, so I invited Daryl to come with me. I didn't want to be the only one there without a date. Turns out, the other guys didn't show, so it was Daryl with 3 girls. :)

4. Where was your first kiss?
On my cheeck... :) really. Oh, you mean a geographical place? I actually told him I didn't want things to be physical between me and another person for a while, and he respected that. He gives the best hugs. :) After we had deceided to get engaged, he had just talked with my dad and was still kind of nervous. We were helping my sister move and he walked me to my car. I turned my head to kiss him on the cheeck at the same time he turned, and we ended up kissing on the lips! We both jumped because of the unexpected result and laughed. I drove off, but he kissed me good-bye properly that night. :) I didn't mind.

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
It was unintentionally long. We were waiting for a sealing clearance from the First Presidency so we could be sealed in the temple. His ex-wife didn't make things any easier, either. We were engaged on Feb 14. The sealing clearance came on 8 September. We were married on 16 September. We were hoping on July, moved it to May, then just waited...until September. It really was a great time to get married; not too hot, not too cold.

6. Where did you get engaged?
See the Valentine's Day blog post :)

7. Where did you get married?
Jordan River Temple.

8. How did the reception go?
We had two open houses in October, one in American Fork and one in Pocatello. They were simple but fun. I was just glad to get the whole thing over with and move on with being a family. It's great to be able to be with your best friend, forever.

9. How was the honeymoon?
When the sealing clearance came, we just wanted to get married already! So, we just picked the next Friday. I didn't have to work that weekend and Daryl was just in school, so we had Saturday and Sunday to ourselves. :) We just stayed in a local hotel, then went home Sunday afternoon and went back to school/work on Monday. We keep saying we're going to go on a "real" honeymoon/vaccation (sans children), but it hasn't happened yet.

I tag Melissa and Alida ;)

2 comments:

Mariam said...

It is so fun to hear about the "beginning" of people. Great story.
I love the picture of you. You look so pretty.

Miss M said...

Ya, I didn't know most of that either. That's funny about the kiss. I feel like I totally understand the whole not being physical yet, thing. It's easier to focus on the relationship if you don't have to bother with all of that physical stuff first.