Pages

15 October 2008

Black Morning

Ok, so the title is a bit "blah" but follow me for a minute.

First of all, my alarm goes off at 3:45am, because it's Wednesday and I'm supposed to go to the gym before I catch the train to go to work...Yah, that didn't happen. I reset my alarm for 5am then listened to D toss and turn. 'Why is your alarm going off so early?' I was supposed to go to the gym. 'Does it always go off that early?' Only when I'm supposed to go to the gym. 'We need to put pictures of the house on our listing.' Ok. I never went back to sleep. I might as well have gone to the gym. At least then I'd have an excuse for being tired.

5:00 - Still didn't want to get out of bed. Finally rolled out at 5:35. Freshened up, got dressed, hair in ponytail, through a lunch together...obviously missed my train, so I'm driving, hoping there will still be a parking space, enjoying the morning radio.

6:10 - A handfull of parking spaces left. Yesss. Park. Recline the seat and lay there, listening to the radio until 6:35 and I step out of the car into the dark, dimly-lit parking lot and look down at my black shoes on the dark asphalt...realizing I have black scrub pants on...and my black fleece jacket. Nice. No worries, I have mace!....in my ski coat (doh!)! I start walking faster. I needed the exercise. :)

6:40 - clock in, safe and sound.

Welcome to my world.

3 comments:

TeresaL said...

hehe! wow! That's early!

Miss M said...

I swear you used to get up that early in Jr High or High School to work out on the Nordic Trak.

I've NEVER understood why surgeries always start SO early in the morning. It makes no sense to me that a dr., who needs to be alert, would get up before the crack of dawn, to perform life threatening/saving surgery. That whole medical paradigm of sleep deprived doctors frightens the sick right out of me. That last place I want to end up is in a hospital, so I do my best to stay well.

Um, that rant didn't have much to do with your post. Sorry.

Alida B. said...

My cousin tagged me....Teresa tagged me....you tagged me....lol so finally DONE! Check it out! :)

I love your story by the way. It was meant to be and I am so thankful you make Daryl so happy :)