Pages

17 May 2008

Office Max vs Costco

Hi. My name is Rachel and I horde office supplies (All: Hi, Rachel).

I cannot go into Office Max with cash in my wallet or I will spend it on something, usually something I don't really need but I justify having...like when I went to Costco for diapers, milk and eggs but allowed myself to wander...I honestly had no direction, I just turned down the first isle I felt like...


It was like I was drawn to the office supply isle!! Boxes of paper, envelopes, pens, post-its, white-out.....my heart seriously skipped a beat and started racing! I was mesmorized, then realized I had a time constraint so I couldn't linger, much. So I quickly grabbed a box of security business evelopes and started walking faster (I couldn't just turn around; I had to at least finish the length of the isle) then I saw it!


Costco never has sales, but this had a "New Price" huge lable that made it stick out to suckers such as myself. And to what my wondering eyes did apper? A lable maker!! I started thinking of all the wonderful things I could label, as if I didn't know what was in those mysterious drawers...now I would. No more guessing. I justified $19.98 (came with two lable cartrages and batteries!), and ran toward the diaper isle. By the time I got to the eggs, I was flushed and couldn't wait to get home and label everything! I would be so much more organized!


I labled some craft drawers then stashed it and couldn't find it for about a month. Since then I've lost my passion to label. The battereis are going to die, I just know it! But Costco has bricks of those, too...

2 comments:

TeresaL said...

Lol! You are too cute :)
Teresa

Mariam said...

I think we all have a little hoarder in us. For me it's not office supplies, it's craft supplies. Put me in a craft or fabric store, forget about it. I buy so many things I never use. But they look so pretty. I get taken in by how shiny or soft or colorful things are. (I just realized I sound a little bit like a bird --OHH shiny things.)