Pages

26 May 2008

Philiadethia

Yes, my Dad says, "Philadethia" so I figured I'd give him a hard time about it here, because he hardly ever reads this anyway :)





I went to a national Oncology convention with a bunch of people from work to have a wonderfully enlightening oncology educational experience and inspire myself to be a better oncology nurse and get lots of free stuff that I don't need that made my bag 20 lbs heavier than I was allowed and had to pay $$ to get my bag on the friggin' plane (inhale)...but honestly? I was able to take home some great ideas plus I enjoyed a few days away from any kind of responsibility, and the dutch pretzels, a great gyro, and interesting root beer. I couldn't get myself to eat a Philly cheese steak sandwich, though.


By the time I flew into SLC, I was almost crying I missed my family so much! I've had enough of planes and airports for a while.

7 comments:

Susie J. said...

looks like tons of fun! But i have to ask... what's the story on the recliner in the bathroom??

Mariam said...

Philly is lots of fun. Such a neat old city with so much history. Of course it is always fun to get away for a bit. I can't believe you didn't eat a philly cheese steak though, they are delicious. (I did get mine without the onions though)

Rachel said...

When you are clicking through the pictures, hover the arrow over the "notes" and it will bring up comments on the pictures. She slept in the chair in the bathroom one night because me and the other girl kept her up with our snorring. :) As for the sandwhich, I'm not doing to well with red meat right now, but I really wanted one! Onions and all!

Miss M said...

Hey, we were probably in Philly at the same time. We went out for a sisters graduation from Temple Med School. How fun. Glad you got a chance to visit.

Terésa said...

I'm so glad you were off globe trotting while I was able to take care of your children. I guess that is what sisters are for. ;)xoxoxo

Mariam said...

Well now I feel bad, I wasn't trying to rub it in or anything. While I did enjoy the sandwich, I enjoyed Philly even more!

Rachel said...

Meriam, no worries :)