Pages

11 May 2008

Happy Mother's Day

My mom only reads my blog when I call her and tell her to read it. She's not crazy about using the computer. I should call my sister and tell her to bring it up so Mom can read it, since I'll be talking about her. :)

Everyone thinks they have the best Mother in the world, but I have to agree with everyone else and their respective mothers and say, "Mine's the best." No one could pack a minivan with camping equipment, food and wood for 6 people for a week in the woods like my Mom!! Every year we were amazed at the amount of things laying in the driveway and every year, after it's all in the car, we say, "we should have taken a picture of that."

Not just camping (even though we had a lot of talks and walks in the woods) my Mom was also the person who taught me the most about loving your family members. :) I have 3 brothers, but only one sister, and we were enough for each other! Our personalities and characters collided more than meshed when we were growing up, but Mom told me over and over again, "Friends will come and go, but your family will be with you forever." Basically saying, nurture your relationship because when everyone else is gone, they will be all you have. I know she would tell my sister the same thing and after a while we finally got it. I can say now that my sister is literally my best friend. I can tell her anything and she will always have advice and she never judges me. She's a great mom, too.

I'm actually at work this Mother's Day and have a few minutes to type this up really fast, just to say "I love you, Mom. I am the person today because of your advice, your example and your love." I hope I can spend more time with my kids eventually so I can give then what they need, too.

P. S. Dad wouldn't let me give him money for the bracelet. He wanted it to be 100% from him. At least I got the card in the mail, hu? :) Thanks for reading!! Check in any time!

1 comment:

Terésa said...

Oh, Suey!! That is so sweet. I agree she is the best mom. Thank you for your kind words. All my love.