Pages

20 May 2008

Sticking it to Martha

I have stooped to a low I never thought would be possible...

Never before have I claimed to be Martha Stewart or Bree Vandekamp-Hodge, nor am I now claiming. I snicker under my breath at home-made anything (more so that I am quietly jealous that they have time/organization to get things done at home), but I have done something even I thought was impossible...

I ironed one of my flat sheets (notice I said 'one').

My lovely, creamy, cottony Egyptian cotton bed sheet that comes out of the blasted drier so wrinkled you'd think it sat in a basket for a month. But it comes out that way, no matter how damp I snatch it. So, when I pulled it out this morning, I remembered my ironing board was still up from an ironing-stint last week :) and thought, "What the heck, right?"

Funny thing, even after the pressing, the wrinkle lines are still there, probably permanently creased from lack of previous care (sticking my toung out to Martha, love the magazine) but at least I won't try to smooth the wrinkles from the hem in my sleep. I guess wrinkles bother me more than I have time to admit.

If I had a steamer, would my wrinkled life be any easier...? Hmmm... mention that to Daryl :) He may get a starched shirt out of it!!

P.S. The Disneyworld pics will be coming shortly, promise!

No comments: