Pages

08 March 2010

What a Weekend

D had to go back into the hospital. He spiked a temp on Friday (101.3!) so he had to go to the hospital for IV antibiotics. Unfortunately, on Thursday evening, I had a PRK touch-up on my eyes that led to iodine getting into my left eye which equals pain! I couldn't open the left eye and the right eye was blurred so I was essentially useless and drugged for an insane amount of pain, OMG the pain! I think I would rather have back labor again than cut into my eyes and have iodine seep into them!

I had a nice weekend with my family from ID, also, from what I could see. My mother found out about the eye stuff and D having to go to the hospital, so she had my sister drive her down, pick up me and the kids and drive us to ID for the long weekend. My sister and I took over the dining room table with my bead stuff and made all sorts of fun things. Yeah, try threading a beading needle with one eye :) Ahhh, I love family.

Anyway, my eyes feel better but will be blurry for a while still. D will be able to go home tomorrow and our lives will go back to some semblance of normal, which I know is relative :) ... just as long as I can get their bedroom put back together, all will be well with the world.

1 comment:

Carolyn V. said...

Oh my gosh!!! That sounds so incredibly painful! I'm so glad your mom had your sister come to help! What a wise woman!