Pages

03 April 2009

What to do while waiting in the waiting room

Even thinking the word "COLONOSCOPY" inflicts in the minds of every adult urdges to suppress stomach acid and run to the bathroom (keep the air freshener handy). Yup. D is in for another one. Just one of the many tests he endures. I even know how he feels this time. I had mine done last October **pat me on the back** :) I wasn't any help last night, though, when I got the munchies and he's chugging his third can of Veggie broth, I made myself nachos. They were in the microwave before I realized what I had done. I sure wasn't going to throw it out! I thought about eating them in the other room, but the Jazz game was on! Not that I wouldn't have missed anything...

Anyway, with all the blood they take from him to test, I'm surprized the results are anywhere near normal. Except they haven't been. And his blood sugars are out of controll and he's taking insulin now. So, colonoscopy today, more tests next week. We'll see what comes of it all. Mostly, it just leaves more questions and few answers. The more I'm around medicine, the more I realize there is no "medical science." And it's frustrating when you need answers.

Now, overall, he's fine. Don'e flood him with calls. :) We'll keep you updated and there is no emergency, just waiting. :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thinking about you and hope all the tests come back okay. :)

Jenny said...

Poor guy...veggie broth yuck!

TeresaL said...

We'll be praying for you guys. I hope they can figure out what is going on.
love ya!