Pages

21 April 2009

All For Nothing??

And NOW everything I've heard about water is, well...diluted :)

If you want another look at your drinking habits (and not feel so bad about your health), peer for a moment at this article. It won't take long, and you'll be glad you did.

Also, for Earth Day on Wednesday, Eliza's school sent home a list of ideas and ways to keep your family/house "green." We picked a few to be more conscience about and see if we can incorporate them into our lives: No more bottled water (Everyone has a reusable bottle, now it's 'just filtered water'), no more plastic grocery bags (when I can remember to take the reusable ones with me), and use hand towels more often than paper towels (or buy the paper towels made from recycled paper. Might as well use the hand towels).

Those are just a few things our family has decided to try to do. Believe me, this is no "Global Warming" plug. It's just me, trying to keep stuff out of the landfill. :) Who knows (sigh). Maybe I just needed an excuse to start collecting all the colorful reusable bags!! :)

4 comments:

Susie J. said...

Hmmm, I must admit I'm skeptical of this water article. Has this doctor ever seen someone pass out from dehydration during the summer? 'Cause I have. If I, a normal non-medical mommy, can see an obvious difference in my family's health (and especially my own) when not drinking enough water... then SURELY somebody with a solid knowledge of the body's workings and access to scientific research would be able to see the difference. At least I'd hope. Sure, maybe the 8 full glasses a day isn't completely necessary due to other foods/drinks that we're taking in... but he makes it sound like you'd be just fine not drinking ANY glasses of water by itself, and just depending on other sources of fluid. And from all I've experienced myself... that's not the case. I find that my ideal water intake is around 5 cups a day. Any more than that, and I feel like I'm guzzling the stuff non-stop. Any less than that, and I notice my skin/lips/etc drying out, and my mood getting cranky, and my head hurting more often...

And now that I've added my oh-so-helpful opinion...
YAY for a family effort in something to help reduce landfillage. :) I'm not really big on the whole recycling thing, but I'm very supportive of being thrifty and using common sense. Roland and I have water bottles that we refill every day, and the kids just use cups (waaaay too many, for my taste... because I'm the one who washes them). We have been using hand towels and fabric napkins more often lately. AND I've got a nice little stash of shopping bags that I try to remember at the store. Thankfully I forget them once in a while, because we still need to have some of the plastic ones around the house to use as trash can liners, diaper disposal, etc... Sometimes I even DELIBERATLY "forget" my shopping bags, when we're running low. LOL

TeresaL said...

That's awesome! Good job on being more green :)

Terésa said...

Those colorful bags of yours ARE handy! Jarrod is a BIG (no pun intended) bottle water drinker, but not becouse of the 8-8oz rule. He just likes the tast. And from where we live, can you blame him?

Terésa said...

Oh, we do recycle the bottles!!!