Pages

11 April 2009

In the Rain

This morning we went to an Easter Egg hunt for Student families at the J. Huntsman Center on campus. Well, actually, I let the kids sleep in while I did laundry, we had a lazy breakfast, the kids played with their toys from the "Easter Bunny" (cuz he comes to our house on Saturday) and why I don't just give in and tell them the freaking truth about the Easter Bunny is beyond me! I've come so close this week to just saying, "Okay, okay! It's me, it's me, it's all me!" But then I realized that if I did that, I'd have to explain about Santa and the Tooth Fairy and Cupid and the Sandman...I just didn't want to have that conversation this week.

Anyway, we made it down to the festivities in time to let the kids jump in the Bounce House and have 2 ice cream cones :) and walk/run home just in time for "Quiet time!" Ahh, I love quiet time. And then the rain started. At least it was a nice morning.

What would it be like to jump in a bounce house in the rain? Slippery, probably. What else is fun to do in the rain? I don't like getting wet when I'm fully clothed, but I'm sure there are other things to do in the rain, if I were to act young and ambitionless. What would you do if there were no consequences like soggy clothes? I do love the hot shower after, though. Some things just have awkward/dingey means to an enjoyable end.

Have a Happy Easter!

No comments: