Pages

16 April 2009

Vacation Days

I really need to post some pictures; the memory card in my camera is loaded. But honestly? The sun (or lack thereof) is very frustrating. I even allowed my sister to dye my hair blonde again, just to get some "light" back into my day! :)

I've been on "vacation" with the kids for their Spring Break this week. We came up to ID to spend some time with my parents. It's rained every day. Daryl thinks, "Serves you right for leaving me." But you still had classes, honey!

Anyway, it's been great to not have to worry about housework or laundry or work or homework. Not to mention that Nanie is a great cook. ;) We even took the kids to Lava Hot Springs on Tuesday, while it was raining. That's the best time to go! I took the kids to the dollar movie last night, gorging ourselves on popcorn and soda. I even sprang for a Nerds rope. :)

So, one day left on "Vacation" then it's back to reality. Speaking of reality, I'm running a 5K on Saturday with a bunch of people from work and I'm still sick with a cold! Hack, Hack, sniff, sniff.

Gotta love a good reality check!

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

You're running a 5k on Saturday?! Awesome! Good luck! (I hope you get over your cold.)

TeresaL said...

Sounds like a good vacation... minus the rain. :)
You'll do awesome Saturday! Good luck!

Jenny said...

I love Lava in the rain and snow. I always go there in January for that reason. Good luck with your run. I'll think of you when I am in bed...NOT running.