Pages

22 December 2008

I've had better...

...days, that is.

I woke up so excited!! We were getting the keys to our new apartment today!! We had loaded up both cars last night with stuff I wanted to move in today before I left for work this afternoon. So, we needed to get an early start so we'd have time to do it all!

The morning started slow and warm, but by the time I got everyone in the car and up to Salt Lake, it was blowing and snowing! The girls only had jackets! It took almost an hour getting everything together to pick up our keys and paperwork. Then we rushed the girls upstairs while D and I unloaded the cars and brought the stuff up on the elevator :) (yup) to the 13th floor (yup).

On our first walk-through, I gasped as I saw the size of the place! It was a lot bigger in my mind. Then, going into what should have been a huge master bedroom with a double closet pass-through to the second bathroom...there was no pass-through, just one closet, half the size we have now. :( Plus, the kitchen is smaller. Wow (sigh, as I literally fought back tears). Right away I called the office to see if the other two apartments across the hall were rented. They were (another sigh). Well, we asked for the room with the view. I just didn't realize the elevator would take up half my bedroom and part of my kitchen!

Anyway, I'm over it. We met one of the couples across the hall and they have a 4 year old girl (Hallelujah!!) and are very nice, so I won't harbor any bad feelings that even though they have half as many kids as us that they have a larger place. Nope. I'm an adult.

Moving on (hehe), I realize I'm almost late for work so we get to our cars and by now the roads are very snowy and slushy so I'm literally coasting down the road. As I turn the corner I see a few cars stopped and people walking around, so I start braking so I can slow down for them. Brake, yes. Stop? Didn't happen. My brakes locked and so did my brain. I couldn't steer and was too freaked out at the truck in front of me that I couldn't lift my foot off the brake to unlock them! So, what do you do when you are coasting down a hill at 10 mph with locked brakes? Look at the people in the other car looking at you and put your hands over your mouth. Yup. Crunch.

Actually, I've hit harder in Bumper Cars, and I had my seat belt on. :)

I'm fine, but it was just a bad end to a sad morning. D's already had the car looked at and I'm looking at what else I can downsize, but I'm still glad we are moving and I can't believe it's only two days till Christmas!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Bummer!! We missed you Monday. Merry Christmas. See ya next week.

TeresaL said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years! Crunches must be in the air... We got hit yesterday in our truck! Luckily everyone was fine! I'm glad you are okay too!
Hugs on the small apartment. I know that you'll be able to make it work! You're awesome that way! :)