Pages

05 April 2008

Meeting at Artist...No Strings Attatched

Ingrid Michaelson and Daryl


Very seldom do I win anything or even get to meet someone famous (not that I care to meet famous people, but if they are a good person, it is kind of neat).Even more seldom is when I meet said famous person and I enjoy their company. But Daryl won tickets from a local radio station to go to a Meet 'N Greet with Ingrid Michaelson (I have a song of hers on my music browser on the very bottom of this page) before her concert tonight. We were able to be a part of a small group and listen to her play songs from her new CD. She was so enthralled with some of the little kids in the group that she became distracted some of the silly things kids do. One girl was tapping the rhythm on her dad's bald head.
She is very talented, has great voice tone and control and range, but not annoyingly going up and down. Her sound is kind of blues meets Indie. Not that I'm trying to be Randy or Simon (that's a blog for another day) but I enjoyed every song on the CD on my way home.
ANYWAY,
after the song performance, there was a drawing for concert tickets -- 3 sets. We thought we almost won a set once when she pulled the name out and said "Der....rick." That guy was excited. The last drawing was for a Wii game system. I never expect to win anything, especially anything of value. And I didn't win anything...
Here is Daryl with Parker, the DJ from whom Daryl won the tickets and what you can't see in the picture because I stupidly didn't make sure it was in the frame...
WAS THE Wii GAME SYSTEM!! That's right, folks. My husband is the luckiest guy EVER!! He actually won! We just sat there, looked at each other, "Really?" So cool!
Well, I guess that means we are gaming people now. As long as I tried to put it off, I can't really turn down a FREE system! Tennis and bowling and even golf, here I come! Maybe by Christmas we'll be caught up with the rest of the world and have Guitar Hero...but by then there will be another game that will craze the country that I'll put up resistance for...or just borrow it from my brother! :)
P.S. He even made it to the Priesthood session (hence the dress shirt in the picture). What a guy, hu? :)

2 comments:

Miss M said...

I'm so jealous!! I love meeting performers and I actually have a lot of her songs and like them.

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

AWESOME! I love Ingrid. That's right, first name basis. I went to her concert in...February...maybe March. Irrelevant. She is great! But I had to pay, you lucky duck. And a Wii...wow, jealous. The Wii cow racing game is one of the best things that ever happened to me.