Pages

06 April 2008

I Have A Confession...

Ok, I have to admit it. Nine times out of ten, when I go to a public restroom, I will go to the handicapped stall...Few! Boy I'm glad I got that off my chest.

But seriously, I enjoy being able to turn around, stretch, fasten my pants or fix my skirt, use my foot to push the handle and not have to dance around the stinky toilet bowl!! I hate going into a regular stall and have to straddle the friggin' toilet seat in order to get the freakin' door closed. Then, getting out of there without falling back in to the suctioning water....gives me the creeps. At least in a larger, more favorable stall I can control my environment and what I touch!

Of course I will give up my favorite spot if there is someone more in need. I succumb to using regular stalls, but if I have a choice or option, you get the idea.

Only once have I a come out of the larger, favorable stall and someone in a wheelchair was waiting...she and I were the only ones in the whole bathroom...and all the other stalls were empty. I smiled at her. What are the odds?

2 comments:

Mariam said...

I went to the movies with the kids the other day and I thought about you when they had to go potty. I think going to the bathroom with 2 kids might qualify you to use the handicapped stall. Kids in pubic bathrooms are the worst. Then want to touch, sit and crawl on everything. You need to lysol the kids just to get them slightly sanitized.

Susie J. said...

Don't go to England. I just spent the last 2 weeks cramming myself into a pencil-box-sized stall every time I went to the bathrooms. TINY facilities, everywhere you go.