Pages

18 October 2009

Never Too Old

I've never really gotten into Halloween. Never really liked to get dressed up; just didn't want to put energy into it. I tried doing masks because the face make-up would make my face itch.

I've had a few fun costumes. The Vampire was always fun, but again, I got tired of the face paint. One year I was The Headless Horseman, using my Dad's trench coat and a pillow on top of my shoulders. It was brilliant until I got to the Halloween party and realized how HOT it was, trying to breath from a button hole, but hey! No make up :)

My most favorite: a black T-shirt (or any color would work, doesn't matter really), jeans, no make-up necessary, small boxes of cereal, plastic knives, red nail polish. Put the knives through the boxes, secure if necessary. Add red nail polish to boxes where knives enter/exit. Pin the boxes to your shirt. That's it!!

Other than waring my work clothes and adding a stethoscope, I've rarely dressed up for Halloween (some people think that doesn't count...). So, when I made arrangements to visit my family in Idaho whilst my cousin and her family were coming from Michigan, they all decided to have a Costume Party. Whatever, I just wanted to visit. If they wanted to add food, so be it.

Mom wanted us (she, myself and my sisters) to go as witches "Wouldn't that be so fun??" Can't I just bring my stethoscope? "No." Okay.

We found some fun hats and capes and false eyelashes, added some make-up and wallah!!
I didn't have my camera, of course, so I'm waiting for my cousin to email me other pictures of us together. It was a riot! Mom even won Best Costume, but I think they gave it to her because she's the oldest :) sshhh But she did look awesome! I was channeling SJP in Hocus Pocus
"Amuc, amuc, amuc..." If only you could have seen the curls bounce :)

3 comments:

Kimi said...

I love it! Putting together the Halloween costumes is tops on my agenda today. You know...right after blogging :)

Carolyn V. said...

So cute!!! I haven't dressed up for so many years. I think I'm inspired! =)

TeresaL said...

I love it!